Specialising in Metal Analysis and Metallurgical Services in Christchurch
R & D Consulting Ltd is an independent Metallurgical Service focused on gathering the facts contributing to a situation. These include measuring the metal chemistry, the microstructures, and the mechanical and physical properties of a material.
We report our findings in a professional and informative manner.
Our Services include:
- Chemical analysis of metals and coatings.
- Vickers Hardness testing and estimated mechanical properties. We have the original Equotip Instrument.
- Scanning electron microscope including EDS.
- Mechanical testing.
- Macrostructure examinations including photography at x50 to x80 magnifications.
- Microstructure analysis including photomicrographs at x100, x200, x500 and x1000 magnification.
- Metal identification and classification.
- Failure analysis including detailed reports.
- Sieve analysis of sands and other aggregates.
- Temper etch inspections.
- Accelerated corrosion testing.
- Specification interpretations.
- Demagnetising service for tools up to 200mm diameter.
- Micro-hardness testing.
- Oil and lubricant contamination testing.
- Weld HAZ and hardness profiling of cross sections.
- Metal Tech Engineering
- Conveyor Rollers
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE...
Phone: 03 358 2896
10J Sheffield Crescent, Burnside, Christchurch, Canterbury Region 8053
Contact Us Today!